Study in United Kingdom

The United Kingdom consists of England, Wales, Scotland (which together make up Great Britain) and Northern Ireland. The population of the UK is estimated to be around 63 million (England: 53 million, Scotland: 5.3 million, Wales: 3 million, Northern Ireland: 1.8 million). The UK’s long coastline is around 5,000 miles (8,000 kilometres). The geography ranges from green meadows and woodland to rugged moorland and mountains.

The UK is one of the world’s leading business locations and the number one destination for inward investment in Europe. The UK is one of the top ten manufacturers in the world and has the largest industries in Europe for life sciences, ICT and the creative industries.

Why Chose UK :

Here are a variety of reasons that you should consider studying in England. Some of these reasons involve your academic life, but they also include your life in general. Let’s take a look.

Academic Benefits

  • Your education will be recognized wherever you go.
  • Whatever you decide to study, you can study in England.
  • You’ll get the skills you need to succeed.
  • England knows how to treat international students.

Financial Benefits

  • English Universities are affordable, no matter which you choose.
  • The cost of living is reasonable.

Other Benefits

  • England has a unique culture.
  • England is the gateway to the rest of Europe.

Understanding of British Qualification :

School and AS/A Level

It is compulsory for every child in the UK to receive full-time education at school between the ages of 5 and 16. After reaching 16, students can choose to continue their secondary education for a further two years, during which they usually study A-levels. It is common for students to study three or four A-levels that will be relevant to their chosen subject area at university. A-levels are necessary for all British students who want to study in higher education institutions.

UK higher education: Undergraduate degree

Most students enter higher education at the age of 18 to study an undergraduate degree. It usually takes three years for students in the UK to gain their bachelor’s degree (four years in Scotland). Recognized foundation certificate and diploma course prepare international students for an undergraduate degree.

UK higher education: Postgraduate degree

Once students have obtained their undergraduate degree, they can apply for a postgraduate degree. The most common master’s degrees in the UK usually last for one year. However, some PhD qualifications can take up to seven years to complete. Postgraduates are usually assessed through written assignments and tests. Some postgraduate degrees require dissertation modules at the end of their course.

Graduate diploma courses prepare international students for a postgraduate degree.

List of University & College :

  • University of Southampton.
  • University of Hertfordshire.
  • Coventry University.
  • University of leeds.
  • University of Sheffield.
  • University of Bradford.
  • Middlesex University.
  • University of Nottingham.
  • Staffordshire University.
  • University of London.
  • Cardiff University.
  • University of Birmingham.
  • University of Liverpool.
  • University of Portsmouth.
  • University of Sunderland.
  • University of Wolverhamton.
  • University of Central Lancashire.
  • Nottingham Trent University.
  • Lancaster University.
  • University of Manchester.
  • Newcastle university.
  • University of Strathclyde.
  • Oxford Brookes University.
  • university of Warwick.

Course offered :

  • Accounting & Finance.
  • American Studies.
  • Anthropology
  • Architecture
  • Biological Sciences.
  • Business & Management Studies.
  • Classics and Ancient History.
  • History of Art, Architecture and Design.
  • Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation and Tourism.
  • Iberian Languages/Hispanic Studies.
  • Land and Property Management.
  • Economies
  • Mechanical Engineering.
  • Physics and Astronomy.
  • Russian and East European Languages.
  • Veterinary Medicine.

Fee Structure :

UK tuition fees – international students

For international students, undergraduate fees for 2016/17 started at around £10,000 (US$12,300) for lecture-based courses, going up to £35,000 (~US$43,060) or more for an undergraduate medical degree at the top of the price range.

At postgraduate level, international fees for classroom-based programs in 2016/17 started at £9,700 (~US$11,930) and went up to £32,000 (~US$39,350). For laboratory-based programs, average annual fees vary from £9,900 (~US$12,180) up to £25,000 (~US$30,800), while for clinical degree programs the annual fees start at around £11,250 (~US$13,900) and are as high as £42,000 (~US$51,700) for programs such as medicine.

Part Time Works :

There are hundreds of jobs and work experience opportunities for students and graduates in London. As an international student you can work for up to 20 hours a week while studying.

If you study a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree course, international students are allowed to work part-time during term for up to 20 hours a week and full-time during the holidays.

Working in the UK After Graduation

As a global city, London has fantastic links with blue-chip companies in all industries. The city’s universities have some of the highest graduate employment rates in the UK. Whether you return home or stay in the UK, a London degree will boost your CV and make you stand out in a crowd.

Non-EU Students and Work Visas

All non-EU students who wish to remain in the UK after they have graduated must apply for a work visa from UK Visa and Immigration. There are several visas you can apply for as a London graduate:

  1. Tier 2 (General) Visa: This is the primary visa to remain and work in the UK after your studies. It is open to recent graduates with a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD from a recognized UK university. Before you apply you must have an offer of a skilled job from a licensed employer and be paid a salary of at least £ 20,500.
  2. Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Visa: This visa option is open to talented students who are developing a world-class business idea. You will need to be identified and sponsored by your university as having the potential to create your own business in the UK. This applies to all graduating students. The UK government has also established an additional route for MBA students specifically.
  3. Tier 4 (Student) Visa: If you are a student completing a PhD at a UK higher education institute you can apply to stay in the UK for a further 12 months after your course completion date. You will be sponsored by your university but you will have full unrestricted work rights, except for some limited professions such as doctors or dentists.
  4. Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme: Some nationalities are eligible to apply for a two-year work scheme permit.

Guide for Visa Applications :

You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you are 16 or over and you:

  • Have been offered a place on a course.
  • Can speak, read, write and understand English.
  • Have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – this will vary depending on your circumstances.
  • Are from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.
  • Meet the other eligibility requirements.

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the start of your course. You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.

Check the guide processing times to find out how long getting a visa might take in your country.


It costs £ 322 to apply for this visa from outside the UK..

You must pay £ 322 per person for any dependants..

You’ll also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. Check how much you’ll have to pay before you apply..

How long you can stay

You can arrive in the UK before your course starts:

  • up to 1 week before, if your course lasts 6 months or less.
  • up to 1 month before, if your course lasts more than 6 months.

How long you can stay depends on the kind of course you are doing and what study you’ve already completed.

Read the full guidance to find out how long you might be able to stay and what you can and can’t do.



What I can and can’t do?

  1. You can:
  • study
  • work as a student union sabbatical officer
  • apply from inside or outside the UK
  • apply to extend your stay
  • work – depending on what level your course is and what kind of sponsor you have
  1. You can’t:
  • get public funds
  • work as a professional sportsperson, including a sports coach
  • work more then 20 hours per week.

Can I bring my dependents?

Yes, provided if you show sufficient funds to support your dependents.

Do I Need A Visa To Study In Britain?

Entry requirements into Britain depend on where you are coming from. To find out what you need, please visit

What Do My Program Fees Cover?

Your program fees will cover placement in a carefully selected host family, placement in school, welcome and farewell orientations, the services of a student coordinator and excursions to places of interest. They do not cover the cost of flights or insurance.

How Much Money Do I Need To Bring?

We recommend that you bring a minimum of £ 250 per month spending money. You will need to buy personal items like bus or train tickets, snacks, toiletries or credit for your mobile phone. You will probably want to go shopping or the cinema, visit some tourist attractions and buy souvenirs, which means you need enough money to pay for things like transport, entrance fees and gifts.

Can I Drink Alcohol?

It is against the law to buy alcohol in Britain if you are less than 18 years old.

Can I Drive A Car?

You must be over 17 years old and have a licence and insurance. Britain is one of few countries in the world where people drive on the left hand side of the road, so you will probably be unused to our highway code, and we prefer it if you do not drive a car or motorbike.